Banner

Banner

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Distressed Antique White Vanity - For Sale


When I found this vanity it wasn't half bad. Had a nice color to it, good size for a bedroom accessory, and pretty details.


Sadly the top was badly damaged. My guess was finger nail polish and remover spilled on top, and some nice dents and nicks in the wood. It also had some general wear on the legs and mirror. I felt like it would be worth it to refinish the entire piece.


Sanding took FOREVER since the stain was so dark and I wanted to smooth out the top as much as I could. 
Them came the coats of paint. I wanted to get it as white as possible and as smooth as possible. I started out thinking I might turn it onto a Frozen themed vanity for a little girls room (complete with a frosted mirror, snow fakes, and some Elsa like swirls) It would have been fun, but I didn't really love the idea for this piece as I started working on it more. 
Then I had my mind set on a zebra print for the stool and paint white for the vanity and a zebra print on the inside of the drawer. But again, I just didn't love the idea as time went on. 

Then, as I painted the last coat of crisp white it hit me what I wanted this vanity to be!


I started to see some areas I would love to distress, then I grabbed some off white paint I had mixed for another project and added select areas of the antique white, giving it more depth and an older look. I sanded the whole thing down and added my wax and loved the result! The distressing was easy, I wanted just enough to give it a worn feel. 


Then I went searching for fabric in my ever growing mound of ever color and pattern imaginable (eventually I'll have a picture of it!). And when I saw my burlap sitting I the corner from my burlap top stool I knew it was meant to be.



All set up at my last sale with tons of jewelry.


I love those worn edges! Makes the shape stand out so nicely. 


The best part of this lovingly distressed vanity is that it can be yours! Available for sale at my furniture booth at A Junkin Ginger. It is also available for rent for photo shoots and weddings. Just imagine that perfect "getting ready" picture with this vanity by your side. 

A Junkin' Ginger 
1403 W. Webb Avenue
Burlington, NC

---- Beth



No comments:

Post a Comment